This Meal Plan is Yummy because… My Nachos have a lovely tomato sauce with crunchy corn chips that add a nice texture. The avocado adds a creamy taste to the dish. The Broccoli and Cucumber also keep it light and fresh along with the sour cream.
This Meal Plan is Sustainable because… I have avoided using ‘Out of Season’ vegetables and the Tomatoes in my sauce are tinned so they do not count. I have also added extra protein through using mild chilli beans instead of meat which is good for the environment.
This Meal Plan has good Vege Vibes because… It is meat free but still high in protein due to the chilli beans, Chilli beans are also a healthier form of Protein than meat so it’s good for me and the environment. The Broccoli will also add fibre and lots of great vitamins and minerals.
- 1 brown onion, grated
- 1 chilli, finely diced (optional, depending on heat preference)
- 1 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 capsicum, core and seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Mexican spice mix
- 1 can mild chilli beans
- 1 carton chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- 2-3 sticks of celery
- Steamed Broccoli
- Cucumber Sticks
Serve on side
1/2 cup of sour cream
2 cups of corn chips
- Turn oven grill to high.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, oven-proof fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook onion, carrot, celery for 3–4 minutes, until golden. Add chilli (if using) capsicum and cook for a further 4–5 minutes, until veggies are soft (add a splash of water if veggies start to stick).
- Stir in Mexican spice mix, chilli beans and tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes, until sauce has thickened slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of bean and veggie mixture and transfer pan to top rack of oven to grill for about 5 minutes, until cheese is bubbling and golden.
- In a small bowl mash avocado with 1–2 tablespoons of sour cream and 1–2 teaspoons lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a handful of corn chips into each bowl and spoon over bean and veggie mixture. Top with a spoonful of sour cream, a small handful of shredded lettuce, mashed avocado, coriander and squeeze over lemon juice (if using).
- Steam Broccoli in a pot with a little water or in a microwave. Do not over cook it of you will lose the nutrients.
- Serve Cucumber sticks fresh with pepper.