Recipe by Jade Jarvie-Wells
Sustainability: The ingredients i chose are usually always in season, a couple would have to be imported but could easily be swapped out for a more sustainable meal. (3/12 ingredients would need to be imported over the winter season).
Taste: this is a balanced dish and covers all 10 qualities in a way for example, the zucchini boats cover the bases of: soft/moist, structure/chewy, rich, fresh, salty and possibly sweet. The herb bread covers the other qualities: crunchy/crispy,bitter,spicy.
Health: This is a healthy dish because it involves a lot of vegetables, holding high nutritional value. its low in dairy and can be made lactose free. This meal is vegetarian but can be made vegan with some minor alterations.
- 8 Zucchini
- 6 florets of Broccoli
- 1/4 Capsicum
- 2 Medium Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Grated Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- Salt n pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 fan bake.
- Cut your zucchini in half Length ways.
- With a spoon carve out the inside of your zucchini halves, still leaving a thick wall for support.
- Dice up your capsicum, potato, Broccoli, zucchini inners and place in a bowl
- In the bowl add your cheese, Oil and salt n pepper and mix thoroughly.
- scoop the mixture into the zucchini shells and fill generously.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top
- Place on a baking paper lined tray and put it into the oven.
- Cook until tender and the cheese has melted and gone golden.
- French stick bread finger width slices
- Butter 1/4 cup (60g)
- Parsley 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Chives 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt/ pepper couple cracks
- In a bowl mix softened butter, garlic, parsley, chives salt n pepper through thoroughly.
- Cut your French stick bread into 3cm slices.
- Coat your bread slices in a even layer of your butter mix.
- Place your bread into a baking paper lined tray. And into the oven.
- Once your bread its toasted and the butter has melted remove from oven.
- Add sweet chili sauce to the side if desired.
PLATE UP & SERVE!!