Burger Recipe by Cindy Spriggs, Ata Winiata, & Keilyn Brougham
- Half a tin of chickpeas
- Half a tin of black beans
- Four Turkish bread rolls
- One Carrot
- One Onion
- One Celery stick
- Enough ice-burg lettuce for four burgers
- One Tomato
- Enough feta cheese for four burgers
- Basil pesto (to your liking)
- Sour cream (to your liking)
- Chili powder (to your liking)
- Lemon pepper (to your liking)
- Cajun (to your liking)
- Moroccan Seasoning (to your liking)
- One egg
- Oil for frying
- Two tablespoons of flour
- Two tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- Drain and blitz the black beans and chickpeas
- Cut the onion, carrot and celery then blitz them
- Sweat onion, carrot and celery + add spices.
- Fry on low heat until they smell delicious.
- Mix fried vegetables and spices with the black beans and chickpeas
- Add one egg to burger mix once it has cooled a bit.
- Mix all together and add four and breadcrumbs as you mix (you don’t want the mixture too wet or too dry).
- Shape your patty.
- Fry with oil till golden brown and crispy.
- While someone is frying the patty, slice the onions, slice tomato and prepare the lettuce.
- Cut your Turkish bread in halves
- Build your burger, add patty, add lettuce, onion rings, tomato and your chosen condiments.
How To Finely Chop An Onion – Gordon Ramsay
How to Shape a Vege Burger Paddy