Burger Recipe by Meg Tregidga & Elliot Schroder
8 beetroot slices
8 iceberg lettuce leaves
½ red onion
½ a cup of parmesan cheese
1 tin of lentils
1 celery stick
½ tablespoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of Italian herbs
1 teaspoon of Curry powder
4 Turkish bread buns
Flour as needed approx… 1 tablespoon
Breadcrumbs as needed approx… 2 tablespoons
- Drain/blitz lentils in a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor you can dice them up really small.
- Do the same to onion, celery, and carrots.
- Fry onion, celery, and carrot in oil.
- Add spices while still frying the onion, celery, and carrot.
- Mixed fried onion, celery and carrots with blitzed lentils.
- Add egg to the mix.
- Add breadcrumbs/flour into right consistency.
- Form into paddy and fry in oil over medium heat until crispy.
- Toast Turkish bread in oven.
- Assemble the burger adding beetroot, cheese, tomato, BBQ sauce, lettuce, and salt to finish.
To make a full meal, serve with wedges.
How to dice an onion: