Recipe By Shikaan Cross and Sam Pahl
4 Turkish bread buns
1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
Pinch Chili powder
Ice berg lettuce for 4 burgers
Red Onion few slices
150g Haloumi Cheese (sliced and grilled)
Caramelized Garlic Aioli (see video)
Salt ‘n’ Pepper
- If you want Caramelized Garlic Aioli do that first, or you can use normal aioli or mayo.
- You want to blitz the vegetables in a food processor.
- Then want to blitz your beans, lentils and chick peas.
- Next you want to heat up the pan.
- Then add your veges to the pan and wait for them to sizzle and lose some moistness or your paddy will be too wet.
- Add the spices to the veges and fry on low.
- You want to grab the paddy and mix it all together
- Next add veges to your paddy mix.
- You want to make your paddy like a cooked egg size.
- Put your bread into the oven to toast.
- Then you want to cook your paddy.
- Wait for them to sizzle and be golden brown and crispy then you flip them over
- Then you pull out the bread.
- And then you want to fry your haloumi cheese in a pan with oil.
- Then you cut all your salad veges.
- Add the sauces to your bread top and bottom.
- And then build your burger.
And that is how you cook our vege burger!
Caramelized Garlic Aioli
Here’s a video to help but isn’t of us cooking.