Burger Recipe by Zoe Jameson and Alisha Benn
- Half a can of Lentils
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Stick of Celery
- 1 Onion
- ½ teaspoon of Paprika
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon of curry powder
- Half an Egg
- 1/3 cup of Breadcrumbs
- Pinch of flour
- Barbeque sauce
- Brioche Burger buns
- Cheese – swiss
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- First, Drain the lentils in a sieve until all the watery juice is gone.
- Blitz Lentils in blender
- Chop Carrot, Celery and Onion. Then blitz.
- Fry the blitzed veggies in a frying pan with oil. Cook until golden brown
- Add the spices for flavour.
- Take off heat after the veggies has turned golden brown.
- Mix veggies into lentils, fold continuously until mixed well.
- Add half an egg to the Lentil mix. Keep on folding until the egg is all mixed in
- Gradually add breadcrumbs until the mixture is not wet when you touch it.
- Reheat the pan that you used before on high heat. With oil.
- Fry patty until it is cooked all the way through, make sure its golden and smells good
- While that is frying, chop the Tomato, Cucumber and lettuce so they are ready for assembling.
- Assemble Burger
How to make Curly Fries
- Canola oil
- 2 Potatoes
- ½ cup of Flour
- 2 Tbps Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup water
- Add flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder and sea salt in a large bowl. Whisk together until mixed
- Add water to the mixture and whisk again.
- Chop potatoes into sticks, unless you have the machine that can make the potatoes curly.
- Dip the potatoes into the sauce, toss until they are fully covered.
- Deep-fry potatoes in a pan with oil, or a deep fryer
- Strain when golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Serve with the sauce of your choice.
- ½ cabbaged shredded (approximately)
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons of mayo
- 1 teaspoon of honey mustard
- ½ tablespoon of vinegar
- ½ tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Add mayo, lemon juice, vinegar, honey mustard and salt & pepper to a bowl.
- Whisk together until smooth
- In a separate bowl, add the cabbage, one grated carrot and spring onions.
- Toss until evenly mixed.
- Pour the mayo mixture onto the cabbage mixture.
- Toss until the mayo has covered almost everything.
- Cover with glad wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours for the best result.
- Serve next to the chips