Spinach & Broccoli Salad
2 crushed garlic cloves
150 ml milk
85g grated Cheddar
2 t cumin seeds
Sea salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake
- Peel the potatoes and kumara and thinly slice all the vegetables. Cook sliced onion in a pan, add crushed garlic and cumin seeds until onion slightly golden.
- Butter an oven proof baking dish and place and repeat layers of kumara, onion and garlic, potatoes and leek.
- Whisk milk, cream and season together and pour over the dish then scatter over the cheese.
- Cover with tin foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 30-40 minutes until the top is light brown/golden and a knife can be inserted easily in the middle.
- While the gratin is in the oven for the last 20 minutes start preparing the salad. Combine the broccoli, spinach, courgettes and carrots in a large bowl. For the dressing put all ingredients in a jar and shake until well combined pour over the salad just before serving.
- When it is done remove gratin from the oven and allow to sit for about 10 minutes to cool down and set.