Burger Recipe by Skylar Ford & Ruby Stephens
Serves 4 people
This is a good alternative to beef if you are trying to be more sustainable for your body and the environment. Not only does it look awesome it tastes great too! It is quick and easy and will fill you up so you can have it for dinner anytime. It will satisfy your fussy children they won’t even know it’s filled with vegetables so they will have their daily intake of greens without even knowing.
- Brioche Burger Bun x4
- 1 can of Lentils
- 5 TBSP of Peanut Butter
- ¼ of a full carrot (grated)
- ¼ of a full celery (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 4 leaves of iceberg lettuce.
- 2 TBSP of Feta
- 8 slices of Camembert
- Condiments… e.g. sour cream, mayo, BBQ sauce, Tomato sauce, etc.
- Strain out lentils and blitz them in a food processer
- Sweat the onions, carrot and celery add herb and spices and once cooked mix with lentils. (PUT ONLY HALF THE ONIONS IN THE PADDY.)
- Add flour and breadcrumbs until perfect consistency and wont crumble. mix in herbs and spices
- Add peanut butter in and mix.
- Shape out your paddy and cook until the side is golden brown. Then flip.
- While the paddy is cooking put on the slices of camembert and let them melt.
- Once the paddy is done leave aside for construction of burger. Take paddy off, while the frying pan is still hot fry/toast the buns to a golden color.
- Put your preferred sauces on the bottom and top of the bun. Spread feta on top bun.
- Then put lettuce, then paddy, then the left over onions.
How to dice an onion