1 x 500 g Block of ready-made puff pastry
4 Teaspoons pesto
1 Handful of mixed, ripe cherry tomatoes
4 Baby courgettes
2-3 jarred roasted peppers
½ A bunch of fresh basil
8 Black olives, optional
1 x 100 g ball mozzarella
20 g Parmesan cheese, optional
- Turn on the oven to 200ºC.
- Carefully cut the pastry block in half with a table knife.
- Dust some flour onto a clean work surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the pastry into a square, Cut into 4 equal squares.
- Place the pastry squares on a baking tray, leaving a space between each.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the centre of each square with pesto.
- Using a speed peeler, carefully shred the courgettes into ribbons.
- Quash the tomatoes into a large mixing bowl,
- Tear the roasted peppers into strips and add to the bowl.
- Pick the basil leaves, reserving the pretty ones for later.
- Place the large ones in the mixing bowl.
- Mix the vegetables together in the bowl.
- Adding a splash of oil.
- Pile a little of the mixture on each pesto-smeared tart and top with two olives (if using).
- Break up the mozzarella and place little bits on top of each tart – this will make it gooey like a pizza. Grate over some Parmesan (if using).
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Until the pastry is golden and the cheese is all bubbly.
- Once the tarts are ready, allow to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with the reserved basil leaves and serve with a nice salad for lunch.
Recipe By Alex William Dixon