Recipe by Lucy Bell
- 1 Cup Sushi rice – see video
- 1 ½ Cup water
- ½ Cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 pack Seaweed
- 1 Carrot
- Half of Cucumber
- Half Capsicum
- Half Avocado
- Soy sauce
- Mayonnaise if possible use kewpie mayo
- Fried Spiced Tofu – see video
- In this recipe, you can add any other vegetables you like
- Crispy shallots & spring onion to garnish
- Rinse rice grains with cold water.
- Place 1 cup of rice into saucepan on stove, medium heat.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer it covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the heat when liquid is absorbed and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of rice vinegar, 2tbsp of caster sugar, ½ teaspoon of salt then stir with wooden spoon.
- Transfer rice into a bowl to then cool rice for roughly 5-10 mins.
- Put as much of that rice into your serving bowl as you want.
- Add your vegetables, soy sauce, mayonnaise and anything else you. would like to add. Can be very creative with it.
- Cut up seaweed into bite size pieces and add into your bowl.
- Stir everything together and enjoy.