Recipe by Megan Langdon
1/2 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup water
1 cup avocado (diced)
1/8 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup cream
- Hydrate the gelatin in the water. Microwave for 15 seconds. Set aside.
- In a blender, add the avocado, mayonnaise, cream, lime juice, salt to taste, onion, garlic salt, and gelatin.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for 8 hours.
Roast/Grilled Pepper Chutney
- Mixed capsicum 2 medium
- Tomatoes 1 medium
- Oil 1 teaspoon
- Garlic chopped 3 cloves
- Brown sugar 1 tablespoons
- Red chilli flakes 1/2 teaspoons
- Cider vinegar 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Red Onion 1/4
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Put capsicums and tomatoes on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle with salt and oil then roast for twenty to twenty-five minutes. P
- eel off the outer skin and chop. Alternatively, you can roast the capsicums and tomatoes directly on gas flame till the outer skin gets charred. Dip in cold water immediately, peel the charred skin off and chop them.
- Put the capsicums and tomatoes in a pan and cook. Add salt and mix. Add chopped garlic (or garlic paste) and mix.
- Add brown sugar and mix. Cook till the sugar dissolves and blends with the capsicums and tomatoes. Add red chilli flakes and mix.
- Add apple (cider) vinegar and cook till you get a chutney consistency.
Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
Reduce the balsamic vinegar in a pot until reduced by half and coats the back of a spoon. Be careful not to burn it.
- Line Mini Muffin Tin with flaky pastry and blind bake. Or alternatively use savoury pastry.
- Fill cooled shells with Avocado Mousse
- Add a spoon of pepper chutney on top of mousse
- Drizzle with a Balsamic Vinegar glaze
- Top with micro greens
x3 per plate
Use a little white square plate
When drizzling the balsamic vinegar drizzle it across the whole plate