Recipe by: Kavya Amarasinghe
Is it yummy?
It’s got a blend of spices clinging onto the roasted cauliflower and a creamy acidic sauce drizzled on top accompanied with crunchy lettuce and all of this is stuffed inside healthy whole meal flat bread.
Is it sustainable?
I am using cheap seasonal vegetables like cauliflower. And the only animal product I am using is Greek yogurt however this can be substituted with coconut cream for vegans.
Is it healthy?
This meal is low in fats and is high in fiber from the whole meal flour and cauliflower. I also added peanuts for texture and taste but peanuts are also is high in protein.
The total cost for this meal is: $6.70
Serves 4 people
- ½ cauliflower floret
- 1 large onion
- ¼ cup peanuts
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- Chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 lettuce
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 4 cups flour 60c
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 5 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise 20c
- 2 tsp crackled pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix up all the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and add the oil and water.
- Mix it all up and knead the dough for 5 minutes the dough should not be sticking onto the hands or be too hard. When you press the dough ball it should bounce back.
- Keep the dough ball covered for 30 minutes.
- Divide the big dough ball into 6.
- Dust flour onto a flat surface and place a dough ball. Take a rolling pin and roll it until it is around 5 mm thick. Do the same for all 6.
- Take a nonstick pan and heat it up on medium heat then place the flat bread and cover it for around 3 minutes then flip and cover. Do this until both sides have brown spots.
- Wash the cauliflower and cut it up into bite size pieces.
- Dice the onion.
- Chop the peanuts on a chopping board
- Turn on the heat then, pour oil onto the pan. Once the oil is heated up add the cauliflower. Keep the heat on medium.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, pepper, chili powder (as needed), and garam masala. Then give it a stir.
- Turn up the heat. Stir it occasionally for around 5 minutes. Once the cauliflower has a bit of char, transfer it onto a plate.
- Now add a dash of oil and once it heats up add the diced onion.
Add a pinch of salt. Then add the chopped peanuts and sauté until the onions are caramelized. Then add the cauliflower we roasted. Turn off the heat.
Mix up all the ingredients.