Recipe by Brooklynn Crichton
This meal is yummy because it is a very creamy and nice for winter and the mushrooms adds flavour and texture this is also a sustainable meal because the ingredients you can easily access in the winter which make it a yummy, cheap and sustainable meal.
- 500g Fettuccine Pasta
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 250g mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Parsley
- Start by bringing water to a boil in a large pot. Add salt to the water to season the pasta. When it is boiling, add pasta and cook according to package instructions or if you are making your own pasta 8-10 minutes.
- Sauté the garlic and butter together until softened this should take about 1 to 2 minutes. Then add the mushrooms to the garlic and butter
- Add heavy cream and let simmer over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes to thicken. Add salt and pepper. Add half of the parmesan cheese to the mixture and whisk well until smooth.
- Mix the alfredo sauce with fettuccine pasta and add the other half of the parmesan cheese. When done mixing garnish with the remaining parmesan cheese and the parsley.
You could also make your own pasta.