Recipe by Lyn Yokoyama
- 3 Packets of standard Udon Noodles
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 ½ Carrots
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 whole Capsicum
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- ½ cup Crispy Noodles
- Crushed Garlic
- 12 Button Mushrooms
- 2 Zucchini
- 300 g Tofu – cubed
- ½ Cup Tamari Sauce
- 1 T Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- 2 Pinches of Sesame Seeds
- Slice the onion into bite sized pieces.
- Cut the carrots to roughly the size of match sticks. Cut the capsicum into thin slices. Chop the broccoli into bite sized pieces. Slice mushrooms into small pieces and cut zucchini into small ¼ pieces. Chop tofu into small pieces.
- Heat the pan and drizzle the oil once heated.
- Add broccoli and onion to the pan. Mix it till the onion is transparent.
- Add carrots, capsicum, zucchini, tofu to the pan with the broccoli and onions and fry (If you would like crispy tofu instead see the video below).
- In a pot boil water for the noodles. Once boiled add noodles and cook for according time on packaging. (3-4 minutes on average.)
- Add mushrooms, crushed garlic, paprika powder, tamari sauce, salt & pepper into pan and stir till the sauce is well spread and marinated with all ingredients.
- Drain noodles and add to pan. Once stirred well add in crispy noodles and mix well.
- Place into bowl and add Sesame seeds & Parsley for garnish.