Recipe by Recho Varricchio and Aiden Tupaea-Kingi
Ingredients for Curry
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrots
- 1 Celery
- 1 T grated Ginger
- 1 T crushed Garlic
- 1 T Butter
- 2 cups Rice
- Nan Bread
- 1 heaD Broccoli
- 2 tins of Lentils
- 1 tin coconut cream/milk
- 1 tin chopped tomato
Ready-made Naan Bread
Or make your own Naan with this video
- Start by Cooking your rice – see video.
- While cooking rice slice and dice your onions, ginger, carrot, celery and garlic.
- Sweat all your veg in butter in a pot and cook till they smell nice and are tender.
- Chuck in your patak’s sauce but make sure it doesn’t stick to your pan so keep stirring it for 2min.
- While that’s cooking put your lentils into the pan and fry for at least 1 minute on medium heat.
- Then add tomatoes and coconut and reduce on low until veg is cooked and sauce has thickened to how you like it.
- Let your curry sit for 5 minutes.
- While curry is sitting steam your broccoli and add soy sauce and sesame seeds. Or check out this delicious Asian broccoli salad! Ingredients are below and the video shows you how.
Ingredients for Broccoli Salad
- 2 heads of broccoli (1½ pounds)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of crushed hot pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of white or apple cider vinegar